Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm running away from my problems......on a treadmill

So, today I realized that running actually makes me emotionally feel better. And I noticed this morning that I feel stronger and it's only been a few days. Again, praying I keep it up though! Anyways, this afternoon I planned to run, and then my Dad called, my parents are currently in the process of a pretty messy divorce, and I wasn't in the best mood after the call...but for some reason as soon as I hung up, almost like auto-pilot I got ready for the gym and went and ran for 30 minutes....or did intervals of walking and running (but still). Despite being super sweaty (because on the walk back to my room it was 100 degrees out), I felt so much better. So I now have another reason I want to and need to be doing this, because it is the only way I can pretend to get away from my problems. Today I also made a pact with myself, setting a big long term goal. Sure, I intend to do a 5k, that's one goal, but the other is to feel great and to be in a bikini this time next year.

I will conclude this brief post with reference to Michael Jackson.... yes... Michael Jackson. As I was on the treadmill, his song Man in the Mirror came on-- the perfect reminder that you have to look at yourself and change yourself, and be the best "you" that you can be, before you can begin to change the world.

Catch ya later Couch Taters (haha see what I did there?)

No comments:

Post a Comment